Starting with Warhammer 40K 8th Edition

If I only played to Age of Sigmar, I would get bore. Because of that, I also play to Warhammer 40000. Like Warhammer Fantasy (sorry, Age of Sigmar...), I've been collecting Warhammer 40K miniatures a lot of years ago, and I have most of all factions of the game.

And, like the most of players, I have my main army, and this army is Necrons.

I have to say I've had some problems to play competitively with my "terminators". In previous editions, we tend to spam units with gauss weapons, due to the gauss rules againsts vehicles were awesome. Now, gauss weapons are nice but, although in this edition everything can damage everything, our army have some difficults to destroy heavy units.


Because of that and other things (some units have been nerf), in my opinion, the way to use this army has changed very much. Now, our main advantage is the resistance. But I'm not refering to the protocols. I'm refering to quantic shields and our invulnerable saves.

In my opinion, you can't build a necron army around warrior, immortals and their protocols. You must build your army around your shields and your invulnerable saves.

So, my 2000 points army, for now, and after some defeats:

Overlord [7 PL, 112pts], Warscythe
Overlord [7 PL, 112pts], Warscythe
Cryptek [6 PL, 104pts]

10 Necron Warriors [6 PL, 120pts]
10 Necron Warriors [6 PL, 120pts]
10 Immortals [8 PL, 170pts], Gauss Blaster

Triarch Stalker [8 PL, 181pts], Twin Heavy Gauss Cannon

4 Canoptek Wraiths [6 PL, 152pts]
4 Canoptek Wraiths [6 PL, 152pts]
4 Tomb Blades [10 PL, 212pts], Shadowloom, Shieldvanes

Annihilation Barge [7 PL, 153pts]
Doomsday Ark [10 PL, 203pts]
Doomsday Ark [10 PL, 203pts]

What do you think about this army list?



It's all for today. If you want comment something, I'll be pleased to discuss with you.

Regards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultramarines 4th Company Project

Bretonnians and Flesh Eaters