Warcry: First Impressions

Hi everyone,

This time, I wanna talk about my first impressions of the most recent Age of Sigmar universe game, Warcry.

Although I can't understand why GW didn't include classic Chaos factions in this game, we can play with other non-chaos warbands. Bearing in mind I have a lot of AoS armies, I get my hands on enough resources to build different warbands to try it.

So, my wife and me decided to build a nighthaunt warband (from Warhammer underworlds miniatures) and a daughters of khaine warband. We only played with the Core Book, without scenery nor beasts rules.


The lists (1000 points battle):

Daughters of Khaine
--------------------------------------------------------

Khinerai Heartrender
Khinerai Heartrender
Sister of Slaughter w/ Bladed Buckler
Sister of Slaughter w/ Bladed Buckler
Sister of Slaughter w/ Bladed Buckler
Sister of Slaughter w/ Sacrifical Knife
Sister of Slaughter w/ Sacrifical Knife
Khinerai Heartrender Shryke (Leader)



Nighthaunt
--------------------------------------------------------

Chainrasp
Chainrasp
Chainrasp
Chainrasp
Chainrasp
Spirit Host
Spirit Host
Dreadwarden (Leader)



We didn't use the terrain card generator due to we love configure our tables with our own history. So, after generating the other cards, we played "Escalation" deployment, "The comet" Victory and "Bloodwind" Twist.





The main aim of this article is giving you my first impressions about the game, and I gotta say that it's a very good game to play w/ your miniatures in a short sesssions. Usually, a typical AoS game is very long and it's not the better way to play in a competitive way and tournaments. This game seems more apropiated to do so, in a similar way you can do with Kill Team in the Warhammer 40000 universe.

We're looking forward following playing more matches.

Regards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ultramarines 4th Company Project

Bretonnians and Flesh Eaters